Page List

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Week 40: Releasing

Soaking up the last days

Right

My freshmen :-)

One of many hallway hugs and photos

Celebrating the end of the year with admin

:-D

Best moment

Woohoo!
This week was full of:  putting on the school Talent Show, reading An Awesome Book to my classes, getting showered in cards and appreciation, watching the seniors graduate (complete with Rahm Emanuel), and finishing an irreplaceable year.


Quotes of the week:  
"See Ms. Lewis, that's why everyone loves you and Ms. Serrano - you'll stay late to help kids and you don't give up.  Other people get irritated with kids."  - A sophomore

"I just want to say thank you for all the help you gave me, and for always listening to me when no one else did.  P.S. I will never give up." - A card from V <3


Joys:  Hearing the classrooms and hallways burst into applause when an announcement came on over the intercom to thank City Year; getting hugs at graduation and seeing how ecstatic the parents were for their babies; seeing 2 freshmen boys and the school secretary getting down to Dougie at the talent show; surprise appreciation from admin and teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment