Page List

Friday, May 27, 2011

Week 38: Online Algebra-ing

Kiddos on a field trip

Go, Andrea, go!
Art by a favorite junior
This week has been full of: taking our freshmen on a field trip to see a play, our last PT, a team day to the cultural center and navy pier, showing 'Crips and Bloods' to the juniors, and watching Andrea paint our CY graffiti boards.  :-)

Quotes of the Week: 
"What?  You pregnant?  Girl, congratulations!  What are you gonna do?" - A freshmen on a phone with his friend, also a freshmen

"They're all a part of me.  See, he's an outcast, and I'm an outcast.  His clan rejected him, like me.  But he's still persevering." - How T describes his artwork


If I had a superpower...
I would use it for good.  My power would be to make violence go away because now there is so many things going on.
I would want to be able to change people's thoughts on life, because I think the way that people think is a big reason for the situation that we're in.

"Yeah, I learned my lesson in jail, and want to stay on track now.  And it brought me and my momma closer."  - D, after he told me about his experience.  Love this kid. 

Joys:  D passing his online algebra class!  So happy he can graduate on time.  A moment to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment